Anubhav Shiksha Kendra (ASK), a youth programme with the slogan of “Youth Development and Youth for Development”. The facilitation is done by ASK-CFU. The basic aim of ASK is “to prepare and build capacities of young people who are willing and capable, for social engagement or the process of social transformation.” ASK works on the premise that the youth are a source of immense energy and they possess the strength and courage to bring out necessary social changes in society. Therefore, ASK is targeting the student and non-student, employed and unemployed, and youths from different castes or class.
ASK is tapping their potential and attempting to build and internalize in youth the core values of Social Justice, Gender Justice, Ecological Justice, Honesty and Integrity, Secularism and Democracy and Dignity of Labour by involving them in building a democratic society without discrimination of religion, race or culture and free from exploitation. It tries to give a direction through five Strategic Interventions, namely :
- Cadre building among youth through the three levels of participation – Mitra (Concerned Citizen), Sahayogi (Change Agent) and Sathi (Leader). Any youth who comes in contact with the Anubhav Shiksha program will become at least a concerned citizen;
- Promotion and internalization of the core values;
- Building ownership among youth through the state youth forum building process;
- Creation of space for critical reflection and creative expression for the youth; and
- Intensive capacity building of the youth as a means of self-sustenance.